Friday, May 21, 2010

Essay Writing

I've always been pretty good at writing, it's one of my strong points, and I enjoy it compared to most other things in school. But I have learned a lot this year in regards to "essay writing specifically." Whenever I used to write it was about whatever was on my mind, I wasn't trying to follow a specific set of rules or a rubric, and I truly enjoy this type of writing much more. But in the end looking back on the whole struggle, it was a very constructive challenge and a valuable skill to have.

Looking through this essay I am confident that it meets almost all of the standards that make it an A. Examining my other essay grade and comments I noticed that I wasn't using enough original ideas. This can be very hard for me because my ideas tend to get cluttered and repetitive but this time around I put a lot of focus into using original ideas. With this new aspect in my essay I feel fairly confident about my grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment